One Hour, 50 Oz. Coffee
I dedicated an hour for my brainstorming session. I made a pot of coffee and got to work. As you can see, by the end of the French press, I was pretty amped.
I decided to film notebook while I brainstormed. I always think it is telling to see how quickly the ideas come to mind. Usually, this means it is something I am very passionate about or have a lot of curiosity towards. It can be challenging to be impartial when assessing the amount of time I truly spent on each idea, so here's the video below at 600% speed. Warning: you might want to listen without the sound. I accidentally exported it with audio, so you also hear what I was listening to at the time, but at 600%
Looking back at the mindmaps, here are my key takeaways from each topic.
Visual Impairment & Cinematic Television
- I know nothing about what exists.
- This means I have no idea if there is a problem.
- What about copyright?
- This is too general. I need to find a specific area.
- Contrast historical impact of radio with podcasts on politics and activism.
- What about advertising? What about that overlap with your politics?
- Are my assumptions (it has had an impact, it is recently becoming more popular) true?
Impact of Early 2000s Design
- Is this too ridiculous? Could I prove it?
- Did technology to allowed access to code and sharing knowledge among peers increase the number of people who learned to code? What about those in underrepresented populations?
- What continuing influence and trends come out of this era?
- Would be difficult to tie in research
- Not a great need
- Didn't come up with much that sparks my curiosity
Grieving in the Digital
- Interesting to explore, but very narrow still
- Didn't come up with much that sparked my curiosity